The experience to lead is an important aspect of the learning experience.
Our leaders provide the student voice of the College.
We encourage our student leaders to:
- Lead through service and giving of themselves
- Work in collaboration with College staff and their peers
- Become empowered to encourage others
- Demonstrate initiative and participation
- Promote positive qualities in the learning environment
- Share their unique gifts and talents with others
- Recognise and celebrate the unique gifts of all members of the College Community
Students in Year 9, may apply for election for the following Year 10 Leadership positions:
- College Captains (2)
- Faith and Mission Captain (1)
- First Nations Ambassador (1)
- Sports & Community Captains (2)
- Arts and Events Captain (2)
- House Captains (2 per House; 4 Houses in total)
Additional opportunities for leadership exist through co-curricular activities and events.
Support for new leaders
Student Leaders undertake a leadership elective in Year 10. This course is designed to support them through faith formation and skill development. Grounded in Franciscan Spirituality, students are provided the opportunity for collaboration, communication, creative problem-solving and mentorship. The course aims to develop future leaders not only for the college, but also the broader community.